- 0.5 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cooked sweetcorn cob, kernels removed
- 2 eggs
- 100 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 400 g mashed potato
- 1 tbsp finely snipped fresh chives
- 200 g tin tuna steak in spring water, drained
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g plain flour, for coating
- 1 tsp paprika
Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and paprika and fry until translucent. Add the corn and fry for 2 minutes.
Crack the eggs into 2 separate bowls and beat. In another bowl, mix half the breadcrumbs with the mash, the chives, tuna and 1 of the beaten eggs. Add the sweetcorn mixture and combine.
Divide the mixture into 4 patties. Coat in the flour, then dip in the remaining beaten egg, followed by the remaining breadcrumbs.
Cook the cakes in a frying pan with the remaining oil until golden. Transfer to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.