- 400 g pack Taste the Difference Toulouse inspired pork sausages
- 2 tbsp olive oil by Sainsbury's
- 1 large red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 sticks celery, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 bulbs fennel, washed and cut into pieces
- 1 pinch dried chilli flakes
- 400 g tin Italian chopped tomatoes by Sainsbury's
- 200 ml red wine
- 410 g tin haricot beans, drained and rinsed
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 25 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, washed and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
Twist the sausages in half. Heat a large frying pan and cook in half a tablespoon of oil for 5-6 minutes to brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Add another half tablespoon of oil to the pan along with the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft. Then add the garlic, celery and fennel and cook for a further 5 minutes until golden. Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
Stir in the chilli with the tomatoes and wine, then return the sausages to the pan. Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the beans and cook for a further 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large ovenproof baking dish.
Mix the breadcrumbs with the parsley and sprinkle over the sausage mixture. Drizzle with the remaining oil and bake for 15 minutes until golden.