- 1 medium red pepper (160g approx.), deseeded and cut into strips
- 0.5 courgette (75g approx.), cut into rounds
- 0.5 red onion (75g approx.), finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil by Sainsbury's
- 85 g medium cheddar cheese, grated
- 0.5 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 plain tortilla by Sainsbury's
- a slice of lime, to serve
- handful of coriander, torn, to serve
Combine the red pepper, courgette and red onion with the olive oil so that they are all evenly coated. Heat a griddle pan on a medium/high heat and then add the vegetables, turning occasionally until they are beginning to char for roughly 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
Once cool, add the cheese and dried herbs to the chargrilled veg and combine. Spread the mixture across one tortilla leaving a little room at the sides, and then press down the second tortilla on top, forming a quesadilla.
Heat a large frying pan on a medium/high heat, and then add the quesadilla. Cook for 1.5 minutes on each side, until the tortillas start to get dark spots and the cheese begins to melt. Serve in slices with wedges of lime and a sprinkle of coriander.