- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 200 g basmati rice
- 300 ml hot low-salt chicken stock
- 200 ml tinned light coconut milk
- 100 g mangetout
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 25 g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 red chill, deseeded and finely sliced, to serve
- lime wedges, to garnish
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large casserole dish and gently fry the onion and garlic for 5-8 minutes, or until soft. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the chicken on a high heat for 2-3 minutes until browned all over. Return the onions and garlic to the pan, along with the curry paste and rice. Stir well and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Stir in the stock and coconut milk, bring to the boil and cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes. Add the mangetout and pepper and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until the rice is cooked through and the vegetables are just tender.
Stir through the coriander, sprinkle with chilli and serve with wedges of lime.