- 300 g long grain white rice
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp Fairtrade white granulated sugar
- 400 ml tin reduced-fat coconut milk
- 200 g frozen very fine whole green beans, defrosted
- 300 g leftover roast chicken, shredded
- Lime cheeks, to serve
- 15 g fresh coriander, washed, to serve
Cook the rice to pack instructions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan, add the peppers and onion and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
Stir in the curry paste and sugar and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Pour in the coconut milk, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes until the liquid is reduced by a third.
Add the green beans and chicken and cook gently for 5 minutes, until the chicken is piping hot.
Divide the rice and curry between 4 plates and serve with lime cheeks and a sprig of coriander.
Jack’s tip: if you don’t have coconut milk in your cupboards, use yogurt and desiccated coconut instead. Yogurt can also help to cool down the curry if you don’t like it as spicy.