Photograph: Kate Whitaker
- 200 g baby courgettes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 8 fresh scallops, trimmed and halved
- 4 fresh plum tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp small capers in vinegar, drained
- 1 - 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 150 - 200 g dried egg taglierini
Cut the courgettes into quarters lengthways. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan. Add the courgettes and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes until they're a light golden colour – this gives them more flavour.
Add the garlic and scallops, increase the heat and fry for 2 minutes until they're a creamy-white colour. Stir in the tomatoes, capers and parsley. Season and remove from the heat.
Cook the taglierini in a large pan of boiling salted water according to the pack instructions.
Drain the pasta, reserving a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water. Mix the pasta with the sauce and add the reserved cooking water to loosen the mixture a little. Toss together and heat gently for a minute or so before serving.
Get ahead: prepare up to the end of step 1 a few hours ahead