- 1 large skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & finely chopped
- 150 g Spanish chorizo, diced
- 6 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 200 g Spanish paella rice
- 1 red pepper, deseeded & cut into chunks
- 180 g raw king prawns
- 100 g frozen peas
- 4 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 650 ml hot vegetable stock
Toss the chicken pieces in the paprika. In a deep pan over a medium heat, fry the chicken, chorizo and garlic until the chorizo has coloured and the chicken has begun to brown. Add the spring onions, turmeric, paella rice and red pepper. Stir and heat for 2-3 minutes until the rice is opaque.
Add the stock. Stir gently, then simmer slowly for 10 minutes until the rice is half cooked. You don't need to stir it.
Add the prawns, peas and tomatoes to the pan. Heat for a further 10 minutes until the rice is fluffy and the chicken is cooked through. Season and serve.
Cook’s tip: Always try to use paella rice. Long-grain, easy-cook rice won’t absorb the flavours as well.