- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 lamb leg steaks
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 clove clove garlic, finely chopped
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 250 ml very low-salt vegetable stock, hot
- 1 large courgette, diced
- 125 g green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- Cooked pasta shapes, to serve
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the lamb steaks in batches for 2 mins each side until browned. Remove the lamb from the pan and set aside.
Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 3-4 mins until beginning to soften.
Pour over the chopped tomatoes and add the purée, balsamic vinegar and stock. Stir and bring to a gentle simmer. Return the lamb to the pan and cook over a very gentle heat, covered, for 20 mins.
Stir in the courgette and beans and cook for a further 15 mins, uncovered, until the lamb is tender and you have a thick sauce.
Snip the lamb into bite-size pieces with scissors and return to the sauce
Cook's tip: to serve toddlers, stir the sauce through the pasta.