- 1kg baby potatoes, halved or quartered, depending on size
- 2 bulbs fennel, sliced
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 100g light soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1 unwaxed lemon, halved and thinly sliced
- 200g plum tomatoes, chopped
- ½ bunch spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Put the potatoes, fennel and red onions in a baking dish, drizzle with the olive oil and cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, make a horizontal slit in the side of each chicken breast fillet to form a pocket. Stuff each pocket with the soft cheese.
Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/gas mark 4. Arrange the chicken on top of the vegetables in the baking dish and top with the lemon slices. Return to the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through with no pink colour remaining.
Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, spring onions and chilli in a bowl. Whisk together the sugar and vinegar, season with black pepper and mix into the tomato mixture. Scatter over the top of the dish and serve.