- 150 g basmati rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 350 g diced turkey breast
- 100 g trimmed fine beans, halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 100 g each baby corn and mangetout
- 6 spring onions, sliced thickly, a few darker ends finely chopped to garnish
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, then drain.
Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the turkey until pale golden all over, then transfer to a bowl.
Add the beans, pepper and baby corn to the wok, plus a good splash of water. Steam-fry, tossing over the heat for 2-3 minutes, then add the spring onions, mangetout and turkey. Continue to cook for a few more minutes, then add the cooked rice. Stir together until everything is piping hot and the turkey is cooked through.
In a bowl, beat the egg with the soy sauce, add to the rice mixture and toss until cooked through. Serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining spring onions.