For the beef
- 3 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 750 g Taste the Difference sirloin steaks, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and finely sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 5 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
For the cauliflower rice
- 1 large cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the kimchi
- 200 g sauerkraut
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 0.5 tsp paprika
- 0.5 tsp hot chilli powder
Combine the soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger and sesame oil in a medium bowl and add the steak. Leave to marinate at room temperature for 45 minutes.
In the meantime make the kimchi and cauliflower rice. To make the kimchi, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
To make the cauliflower rice, place the cauliflower florets into a food processor (it’s best to do this in batches), and blitz until it looks like rice. Heat the olive oil in a medium pan, add the cauliflower and cover with a lid. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Season lightly.
Once the meat has marinated, heat a large frying pan over high heat. Once it is very hot, add half the meat and cook for 1 minute. Remove onto a plate. Repeat the same with the other half. Add the carrots and spring onions to the pan with any remaining marinating liquid and cook for about 3-5 minutes, until the vegetables have softened, but still have a slight bite and the sauce has thickened slightly.
Remove the pan from the heat add the meat back to the pan and toss together to combine. Serve with the cauliflower rice and kimchi.