- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 stalks lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, plus extra sliced to garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g pack 5%-fat British pork mince
- 2 tsp palm sugar
- 1 -2 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 0.5 x 28g pack fresh coriander, roughly chopped (including stalks)
- 1 x 250g pouch microwavable long-grain white rice
- 12 large gem-lettuce leaves
- 0.25 cucumber, deseeded and cut into thin matchsticks
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the lemongrass, garlic and chilli for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add the pork mince and cook over a high heat for another 6-8 minutes, stirring all the time, until the mince is browned all over (drain off any excess liquid if necessary).
Add the palm sugar and fish sauce and let the mixture bubble for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the lime juice and nearly all of the coriander.
Cook the rice according to the pack instructions, then stir it into the pork. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
Divide the pork larb between the lettuce leaves and scatter over the rest of the coriander. Garnish with cucumber matchsticks and sliced chilli.