- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 350 g squash, peeled and cut into small bite-size pieces
- 1 small cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 75 g camargue red rice
- 75 g red quinoa
- 75 g buckwheat
- 75 g pearl barley
- 700 ml vegetable stock, made with half a stock cube
- 360 g young spinach
- 1 pack fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 200 g Sainsbury’s Be Good To Yourself Greek-style cheese, crumbled
- Sriracha, to serve
Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onion with the cumin seeds, smoked sweet paprika and cinnamon for a 4-5 minutes, until starting to soften.
Put the squash, cauliflower and spiced onions in the base of the slow cooker and sprinkle over the camargue red rice, red quinoa, buckwheat and pearl barley. Add the chicken stock. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
Wilt the spinach in the microwave and stir through the grains with the chopped mint.
Season the grains with black pepper and divide between 6 bowls. Sprinkle with crumbled cheese and a squeeze of sriracha to serve.