- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 20 g knob ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 225 g tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 400 ml tin coconut milk
- 400 ml vegetable stock (made with ½ vegetable stock cube)
- 520 g frozen white fish fillets, defrosted, water drained (460g drained)
- 150 g frozen garden peas
- 130 g young leaf spinach
- 250 g long grain rice
Heat the oil in a large, deep pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes, until softened, before adding the ginger, garlic and chilli and cooking for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the curry powder and tamarind and cook for another 2 minutes then add the tomatoes, coconut milk and stock.
Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer and add the fish. Cook for 5 minutes, adding in the peas and spinach for the last minute, to let wilt.
Meanwhile, put the rice into a large pan with 500ml cold water. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until tender. Remove from the heat and let sit for 2 minutes before fluffing with a fork and serving in bowls topped with the fish curry.