- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g pack diced British chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp frozen chopped garlic
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ medium sweetheart cabbage, sliced
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced
- 70g seedless raisins
- 3 x 200g bags frozen microwaveable white long grain rice
- 200ml hot chicken stock made with ½ chicken stock cube
- 200g frozen British garden peas
Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the chicken and cook over a medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning halfway through.
Stir in the chopped garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes, then add the spices and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the cabbage, leek and raisins and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, until the cabbage is just tender.
Stir in the frozen rice, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, then add the stockand peas. Cover with a lid and cook for a further 7-8 minutes over a low heat, until the chicken is cooked through with no pink remaining and the rice ispiping hot.