- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 750 g very ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 14 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and chopped
- 12 green olives stuffed with pimento
- ½ x 100g jar anchovy fillets in olive oil, drained and chopped
- 0.25 tsp hot chilli powder
- 375 g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp freshly shredded basil leaves
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and parsley. Cook, stirring from time to time, for about 10 minutes, until broken down and reduced.
Stir the capers, olives, anchovies and chilli powder into the sauce. Season with freshly ground black pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti to pack instructions, then drain. Combine with the sauce and scatter the basil over the top.