- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic puree
- 2 tsp freshly grated root ginger
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp black treacle
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 large courgette, finely diced
- 200 g frozen broad beans, blanched in boiling water for 1 minute then drained and podded
- 325 g tin naturally sweet sweetcorn, drained
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 2 x 400g pack mini chicken fillets
Heat ½ tbsp of the olive oil in a small pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and fry for 1-2 minutes, then add the tomatoes, treacle and vinegar and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
Meanwhile, cook the succotash. Heat ½ tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the pepper and courgette for 2 minutes. Add the broad beans and sweetcorn and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring, until heated through. Stir in the basil or parsley and season with freshly ground black pepper. Keep warm.
Finally, heat a large cast-iron griddle pan over a high heat. Brush the chicken fillets with the remaining oil and cook in the hot pan for 2-3 minutes per side, until seared and cooked through, turning once.
Serve the chicken with the smoky sauce and the succotash on the side.