- 500 g turkey mince
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 25 g basil leaves, finely chopped
- 25 g flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp classic pesto sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil for rubbing
- 4 wholemeal seeded rolls
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 curly leaf lettuce, leaves washed
- 1 beef tomato, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
Keeping the oil to one side, mix the rest of the patty ingredients together in a large bowl, adding just enough egg to bind the mixture. Reserving some of the meat to make toddler-size balls, divide the rest into 4 adult-size balls and flatten into patties. Put on a plate and leave in the fridge to firm up for at least a couple of hours, or overnight.
Heat a grill or griddle pan to a medium heat. Rub a little oil over the burgers and grill or fry them for 8 minutes on each side.
Meanwhile, toast the seeded rolls on the cut sides and then spread a little mayonnaise over the bottom sides and top with lettuce and tomato.
Place the burgers on top, then add onion, avocado and relish.