- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 frozen thick pork sausages
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 x 410g tin butter beans, drained
- 1 x 400g tin peeled plum tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 150 g country soup mixture (a mix of dried pulses, peas and pearl barley), soaked overnight
- 200 g mushrooms, chopped
- 600 ml vegetable stock (made with half a stock cube)
Heat the oil in a pan and cook the sausages from frozen for 8 minutes until golden, then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
Stir in the tomato purée, then add the butter beans, tomatoes, mixed herbs, country soup mixture, mushrooms and stock.
Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 40 minutes, then serve.