- 4 Cumberland pork sausages, cooked to pack instructions
- 390 g carton chopped tomatoes in tomato juice
- 1 tsp Italian tomato purée
- 1 clove garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 courgette, trimmed
- 300 g Italian fresh egg penne
Cut the cooked sausages into chunks. Put in a pan with the tomatoes, tomato purée, garlic and thyme. Cook over a medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
Meanwhile, use a vegetable peeler to peel the courgette into thin ribbons. Heat a non-stick frying pan, add the courgette ribbons and dry fry for a few minutes.
Cook the penne to pack instructions then drain. Tip it into the sausage mixture with the courgette ribbons and mix together. Divide between bowls and serve.
Cook's tip: boost your veg intake by making carrot ribbons and cooking with the courgette.