Photograph: Jonathan Gregson
- 6 salmon steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the salsa:
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
- zest of 1 and juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 50 g tin anchovies in extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to oil rack
- 50 g capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped dill, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
Put the salmon in a flat dish, tip over the oil, season, cover and set aside.
Mix together the wasabi, lime zest and juice and onion. Finely chop the anchovies and add, along with the oil from the tin and the extra-virgin olive oil. Stir in the capers, dill and parsley. Cover and put in a cool place.
Light a barbecue. When hot, oil the rack. Cook the salmon for 3 minutes each side. Scatter with extra dill and serve with the salsa and lime wedges.
Kitchen secret: you can also cook the salmon on a griddle indoors, if it's not barbecue weather.