- 600 g white potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 240 g skinless boneless salmon fillets
- 14 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 0.5 bunch spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- 4 tsp capucine capers, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 90 g fine breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 120 ml half fat crème fraîche
- 120 g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
- 120 g mixed salad leaves
- 2 tomatoes, each cut into 8
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Bring a medium-sized pan of water to the boil and add the potatoes. Boil for 10-12 minutes, until tender.
Meanwhile, bring another pan of water to the boil then turn down to a simmer and poach the salmon fillets for 5 minutes until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and leave to cool slightly, then flake the fish with a fork.
Mash the potato with a little freshly ground black pepper. Mix with the salmon then add half the parsley, the spring onions, 3 teaspoons capers, the mustard, lemon zest and flour.
Shape into 8 equally sized patties and coat in the breadcrumbs. Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the fishcakes for 2-3 minutes each side until crisp and golden.
To make the salad, mix together the remaining parsley, capers, lemon juice and crème fraîche. Stir in the shredded Brussels sprouts and tomatoes. Serve the fish cakes with the salad leaves, crème fraîche sauce and lemon wedges. Season with freshly ground black pepper.