- 1 tbsp medium olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp ground ginger
- 780 g tinned chopped tomatoes in tomato juice
- 700 ml hot chicken stock, made using 1 stock cube
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 150 g ready-to eat dried apricots, cut into quarters
- 410 g tinned chickpeas in water, drained and rinsed
- 350 g leftover roasted lamb, shredded
- 260 g young leaf spinach
- 250 g cous cous
- 28 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, washed and finely chopped
- 25 g flaked almonds
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion for 5-10 minutes, adding the garlic and spices for the last minute.
Pour in the tomatoes and 400ml of the hot stock. Add the honey and apricots, bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Stir through the chickpeas and lamb and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring in the spinach for the last 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the remaining stock in a pan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat, tip in the cous cous and cover with a lid. Let sit for 10 minutes then fluff up the grains using a fork. Stir through the chopped parsley and flaked almonds. Serve with the tagine