- 2 tbsp olive oil, drained from the preserved lemon jar
- 300 g courgette, diagonally sliced
- 240 g responsibly sourced salmon fillets, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 rings of preserved lemon, drained & finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 300 g Arborio risotto rice
- 100 ml white wine
- 1000 ml vegetable stock, warmed through
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. On a baking tray, mix together 1 tablespoon of the oil, the courgette and the salmon. Bake for 25 minutes, until the salmon is cooked and the courgette has taken on a little colour. Flake the salmon and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large frying pan heat the remaining oil. Cook the onion and preserved lemon for 5-10 minutes, adding the garlic and rice for the last 2 minutes.
Pour in the wine and allow to bubble for 2 minutes, before slowly adding the vegetable stock, a ladleful at a time. Wait until the liquid is almost fully absorbed each time before adding more. Keep stirring to prevent the rice sticking.
When the rice is cooked, stir through the salmon, courgette and ¾ of the chives. Allow to heat through, then garnish with the remaining chives and serve.
Make this veggie by leaving out the salmon, and stirring through 250g roughly chopped roasted red peppers.