- 300 g spaghetti
- 250 g frozen garden peas
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 130 g young leaf spinach
- 235 ml half fat crème fraîche
- 50 g full flavour cheddar cheese, grated
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 300 g frozen cooked and peeled prawns, defrosted and water drained
Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta for 9-10 minutes until tender, adding in the peas for the last 2-3 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving 75ml of the cooking liquid.
Return the pasta to the pan, and over a low heat, stir in the garlic and spinach; cook until the spinach is just beginning to wilt. Add in the crème fraîche, cheddar, lemon juice and prawns, along with the reserved cooking liquid. Stir until combined, then season with freshly ground black pepper and heat for a further minute. To serve, divide between four plates, then scatter the lemon zest on top.