- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp sweet paprika, plus extra to serve
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 300 g leftover roast pork, shredded
- 200 g frozen peppers
- 150 ml hot vegetable stock, made with 1 vegetable stock cube
- 500 g microwaveable golden vegetable savoury rice
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan. Add the onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper and tomato purée, and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add the pork, peppers and stock, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the rice to pack instructions. Add to the pan, heat gently and cook, covered, for 2-3 minutes until the stock has been absorbed. Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle over the extra paprika and serve with the lemon wedges.