- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 leeks, washed, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 500 g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 175 g pearl barley
- 1 litre hot chicken stock made with 1 chicken stock cube
- 390 g carton chopped tomatoes
- 300 g leftover roast pork, cut into cubes
- 200 g broccoli, washed and broken into small florets
- 5 g fresh sage, leaves picked, washed and chopped
- 3 tbsp wholegrain mustard
Heat the oil in a large pan over a low heat. Add the onion and leeks and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the butternut squash and cook for a further 5 minutes, then stir in the pearl barley, chicken stock and chopped tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
Add the leftover pork, the broccoli and most of the chopped sage and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the pork is piping hot.
Stir in the mustard and season with freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with the reserved chopped sage and serve.