- 2 tbsp Chinese five spice paste
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2.5 cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 150 g green cabbage, chopped
- 300 g cooked roast pork, cut into thin strips
- 2 nests fine egg noodles
- 15 g fresh coriander, washed and chopped
Make the sauce. In a small bowl, mix together the five spice paste, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, chilli and cornflour. Stir in 100ml cold water and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan. Add the onion, broccoli and cabbage, and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
Tip in the sauce, along with the pork and stir-fry for around 2 minutes until the sauce thickens and the pork is warmed through.
Meanwhile, cook the noodles. Bring a medium pan of water to the boil, add the noodles and cook for around 3 minutes until tender. Drain and add to the wok along with the pork and veg. Toss together until combined and serve immediately, garnished with the coriander.