- 40 g pistachio kernels, finely chopped
- 40 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 14 g bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 side of fresh salmon (approx 800g)
- 150 g reduced fat soft cheese
- 1 kg baby potatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g cooked beetroot in natural juices, thinly sliced
- 200 g cucumber, trimmed, halved and cut into crescents
- 150 g baby leaf watercress
Preheat the oven to 170°C, fan 150°C, gas 3. In a bowl, mix together the pistachios, breadcrumbs, 1⁄2 of the parsley and the lemon zest.
Place the salmon, skin-side down, diagonally on a large sheet of baking paper on a baking tray. Spread the soft cheese over the salmon, leaving a 2cm border all around. Press a layer of the pistachio mixture on top of the soft cheese. Fold up the baking paper and secure with kitchen string to make a sealed parcel. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until just cooked through and starting to flake.
Meanwhile, put the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water and cook for 20 minutes, until tender. Drain, tip into a serving bowl and scatter over the remaining parsley.
Whisk together the capers, lemon juice and sugar in a small bowl, then slowly whisk in the oil.
Transfer the salmon to a platter and arrange the beetroot slices, cucumber and watercress around it. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve with the potatoes.