- 150 g penne
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 100 g frozen garden peas
- 75 g mature cheddar, grated
- 4 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 50 g fresh soured cream
- 50 g toasted pine nuts
- 0.5 tsp crushed chilli flakes
- 100 g Italian style salad, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Cook the pasta following pack instructions, then drain.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion, garlic and peppers for 5-10 minutes, adding in the peas for the last 2 minutes.
Stir in three-quarters of the cheese, the eggs, soured cream, toasted pine nuts, chilli flakes and drained pasta, then cook for a further 1 minute, until slightly thickened.
Season with freshly ground black pepper and pour into a lightly greased 16cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
Scatter over the remaining cheese and bake in the oven for 45 minutes, until set. Cover with foil after 20 minutes to prevent the top from drying. Rest for 10 minutes before cutting into slices and serving with the salad.