- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400 g chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 0.5 medium sweetheart cabbage, washed and sliced
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed and sliced
- 120 g seedless raisins
- 500 g pack microwave long grain rice
- 200 ml hot chicken stock, made with half chicken stock cube
- 200 g frozen peas
In a large pan, heat the vegetable oil, then add the chicken pieces and cook for 5 minutes, turning halfway through.
Stir in the crushed garlic and the spices, and cook for 1-2 minutes before adding the cabbage, leek and raisins. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until the cabbage is just tender.
Add the rice, stock and peas and stir together, then cover with a lid and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through with no pink remaining.