- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli, washed, deseeded and chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cubes frozen ginger
- 31 g fresh coriander, washed and chopped, reserving a few sprigs to garnish
- 1.5 tbsp balti paste
- 400 g frozen chicken breast fillet pieces, defrosted and cut into chunks
- 390 g chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 560g tins peeled new potatoes in water, drained and halved
- 8 portions frozen chopped spinach
- 50 g low fat natural yogurt, to serve
- 2 flamebaked plain naan, halved
Heat the oil in a large lidded non-stick saucepan. Add half the chopped chilli to the pan along with the onion, ginger, chopped coriander and balti paste. Cook over a medium heat, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until the onion is soft and starting to turn golden.
Add the chicken chunks and stir-fry until browned, then add the chopped tomatoes, potatoes and 100ml of water. Season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Add the frozen spinach portions to the pan, then cover and heat through for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Simmer uncovered for a further 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through with no pink colour remaining and the sauce has thickened.
Divide between 4 bowls, garnish with the reserved coriander sprigs and remaining chilli, and serve with a dollop of the yogurt and the halved naan bread on the side.
Cook's tip: defrost the chicken breasts overnight on a covered plate in the fridge.