- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 6 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp each of turmeric, cumin and mixed spice
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 250 ml very low-salt chicken stock
- steamed rice and naan bread to serve
Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook over a low-medium heat for 10 minutes, covered. Add the carrot and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Increase the heat, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and spices and cook for a further 1 minute.
Pour in the coconut milk and stock, bring to a simmer and cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Check the chicken is cooked right through before serving with the steamed rice and naan bread.