- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 6 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 200 ml coconut milk
- ½ very low-salt chicken stock cube
- 500 g rice, cooked, to serve
- 1 pack Sainsbury's flamebaked plain naans, to serve
Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook over a low-medium heat for 10 minutes, covered. Add the carrot and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Increase the heat, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and spices and cook for a further 1 minute.
Pour in the coconut milk. Make up 250ml stock using ½ the stock cube. Add the stock to the pan, bring to a simmer and cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Check the chicken is cooked right through before serving with the steamed rice and naan bread.