- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pork chops (if you prefer a leaner meal, trim the fat off after cooking)
- 1 firm Conference pear, cored and cut into 6
- 450 g fresh potato, carrot and swede mash
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 3 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- 1 tsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan until hot then add the pork and the pear. Fry for at least 10 minutes, turning once, until the pork is cooked through and caramelised, and the pear is soft.
Meanwhile, cook the potato, carrot and swede mash according to pack instructions.
Add the honey and the mustard to the pan with the pork and pear and cook until everything is coated and the honey has begun to bubble.
Remove the pork and pear with a slotted spoon to a serving dish and keep warm.
Add the créme fraîche to the honey and mustard in the frying pan and bring to a simmer, adding a little water if it's too thick.
Serve the pork and pear with the sauce spooned over, with the mash and sprinkled with the chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley.