- 200 g pack baby leaf spinach
- 145 g balti paste
- 1 aubergine, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 2 x 390g cartons Italian chopped tomatoes
- 450 ml hot vegetable stock, made with 1 vegetable stock cube
- 150 g dry red lentils
- 15 g fresh coriander, washed and chopped, reserving a few leaves to garnish
- 200 g leftover cooked cauliflower
- 200 g leftover cooked cabbage
- 2 packs handcrafted garlic and parsley flatbreads
Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Drain, then run under cold water to cool. Squeeze out the excess water, roughly chop and set aside.
Heat a large pan or wok over a medium-high heat and add the balti paste. Allow to sizzle for a minute, then add the aubergine and stir-fry for 7-10 minutes.
Add the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock and lentils. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in the chopped coriander, spinach, leftover cauliflower and cabbage, then simmer for a further 5 minutes until the lentils are tender and the veg are piping hot. Garnish with the reserved coriander leaves and serve with the flatbreads.