- ½ x 600g pack reduced fat pork sausages
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g frozen chopped onion
- 2 tsp frozen chopped garlic
- 250g frozen mixed peppers
- 420g tin mixed beans in chilli sauce
- 390g carton Italian chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp spicy chipotle chilli paste (optional)
- 100g frozen sweetcorn
- 3 x 200g bags frozen microwaveable white rice
- 20g lighter British mature Cheddar grated
Preheat the grill to medium and grill the sausages to pack instructions for 15-20 minutes, turning frequently until golden and cooked through. Remove and slice on the diagonal.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic, turn up the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes until the onions are turning golden and the liquid has evaporated. Add the peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the mixed beans in chilli sauce, chopped tomatoes, chipotle paste (if using) and sweetcorn to the onions in the frying pan, bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the rice bags to pack instructions; on high for 8 minutes.
Just before serving, stir the cooked sausages through the spicy sauce. Serve the chilli with the rice and a sprinkling of the grated cheese if you wish.