- 1.25 kg potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes
- 500 ml chicken stock, made with 1 stock cube
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, 1 left whole, 1 finely chopped
- 0.5 bunch spring onions, washed and sliced
- 300 g peppers, sliced
- 70 g Spanish chorizo, each slice cut into 4
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 400 g tin peeled tomatoes
- 4 medium free-range eggs
In a large frying pan add the potatoes and 300ml stock and cook for 10 minutes, until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the potatoes are becoming tender. Remove the lid, add 1½ tablespoons of oil and the whole garlic clove and fry the potatoes for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in another frying pan, and fry most of the onion (leave a little to garnish), peppers and chorizo for 5 minutes, until slightly charred.
Stir in the remaining garlic and chilli powder, followed by the tomatoes and remaining stock. Simmer for 5 minutes, until thickened, then season.
Make four dips in the tomato sauce using the back of a spoon and crack an egg into each dip, cover and cook over a gentle heat for 6-8 minutes, until the yolk has set but is still runny. Serve straight away, scattered with the remainder of the spring onions, and with the sauté potatoes.