- 150 g couscous
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pork loin steaks (about 300g), cut into strips
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 courgette, trimmed, halved lengthways and chopped
- 100 g baby chestnut mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 300 ml very low-salt vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp red pesto
- Handful fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour over boiling water until just covered. Cover with clingfilm and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry half the pork until browned. Remove and set aside. Repeat with the remaining oil and pork.
Add the onion, pepper and courgette to the pan and cook over a high heat for 3 mins, then add the mushroom quarters and cook for a further 2 mins.
Stir in the cherry tomatoes and stock. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 mins until the vegetables are tender.
Add the pork strips to the pan along with the pesto. Toss with the vegetables to heat through. Add the basil.
Using a fork, fluff up the couscous grains and serve with the vegetable and pork mix.
For toddlers, cut the pork before serving with couscous.
Cook's tip: for babies, whizz the vegetables and pork with some of the sauce in a food processor until you have a smooth purée.