- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g frozen chopped onion
- 1 tbsp frozen chopped garlic
- 230g tin Italian chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 200g frozen mixed peppers
- 400g pack frozen responsibly sourced skinless and boneless cod fillets
- 50g pitted black olives
- 1 tbsp frozen chopped parsley
- 800g pack frozen microwaveable white rice
Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and fry for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and fry for 2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato purée, along with 400ml cold water, bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes until thickened.
Add the peppers and cod, nudging the fish into the sauce a little, then bring back to a gentle boil and simmer for 8 minutes. Scatter with the olives and parsley, and simmer for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the rice to pack instructions.
Serve the fish with the rice.