- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 500g pack beef mince, 5% fat
- 28g pack flat leaf parsley, leaves finely chopped
- 150g pack Italian mozzarella
- 500 g pack passata by Sainsbury's
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 300 g spaghetti
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat and cook the onion for 6-7 minutes, until softened, adding the garlic for the final minute. Place half the cooked onion and garlic in a large bowl, and set the other half aside.
Add the beef mince and half the chopped parsley to the large bowl and season. Divide the beef mixture into 12.
Divide the mozzarella into 12 pieces and wrap the beef mince around it, to enclose it completely and to form a round meatball. Repeat with the remaining beef mince and mozzarella.
Heat the remaining tbsp of olive oil in the frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook the meatballs for around 5 minutes, turning frequently until nicely browned.
Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the passata and the chilli to the pan, season with freshly ground black pepper and simmer the meatballs in the sauce for about 10 minutes, until the sauce has reduced slightly.
While the meatballs are simmering, cook the spaghetti to the packet instructions. Divide the spaghetti between 4 bowls and spoon over the meatballs. Serve.