- 500g pack frozen beef meatballs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g frozen chopped onion
- 25g frozen chopped garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- 230g tin Italian chopped tomatoes
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- 250g high fibre white spaghetti or tagliatelle
- 375g frozen mixed peppers
- 2 tbsp frozen chopped parsley
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Put the meatballs on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 22 minutes until browned and cooked through.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the garlic and paprika and cook for a further minute.
Add the chopped tomatoes, 300ml water and the crumbled stock cube. Bring to theboil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
While the sauce is simmering, cook the spaghetti or tagliatelle in a large pan of boiling water for 7-9 minutes until just cooked. Drain well.
Add the meatballs to the tomato sauce, along with the frozen peppers and parsley. Simmer for 5 minutes until piping hot and serve with the pasta.
Always wash hands thoroughly after handling raw meat and poultry.