- 8 wooden or metal skewers
- Juice 1½ lemons and zest ½ lemon, plus 8 large pieces lemon peel
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 clove garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- 500 g diced breast British turkey
- 750 g Vivaldi salad potatoes, scrubbed, larger ones halved
- 450 g jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 2 courgettes, trimmed and cut into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
For the salsa:
- 250 g pomodorino tomatoes, washed and finely chopped
- 0.5 bunch spring onions, washed, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
Preheat the oven to 220ºC, fan 200ºC, gas 7. If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
In a large non-metallic bowl, mix 40ml of the lemon juice, the lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the garlic and honey. Place the turkey in the marinade and mix well. Cover the bowl with clingfilm. Leave in the fridge to marinate for 15-30 minutes. Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a roasting tin, drizzle over the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and season with freshly ground black pepper. Mix well and bake for 40-45 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through and golden.
Preheat the barbecue or grill to medium. Wrap the turkey pieces in a strip of roasted red pepper. Roll up the courgette ribbons and thread them onto the 8 skewers, alternating with the turkey pieces. Add a folded piece of lemon peel about halfway down each skewer.
Brush with oil and barbecue or grill for 10-15 minutes, turning from time to time, until cooked through and no pink remains.
Meanwhile, make the salsa. In a medium bowl, mix together the tomatoes, spring onions, dried herbs and remaining lemon juice. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve the turkey skewers with the salsa and roasted potatoes.