- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 sticks celery, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 300 g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 390 g carton chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml vegetable stock, made from 1 stock cube
- 1 tsp Fairtrade white caster sugar
- 150 g fine green beans, halved
- 300 g cooked roast lamb, cut into bite-size pieces
- 400 g ready mashed potato, cooked, to serve
Preheat the oven to 160ºC, fan 140ºC, gas 3. Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole with a lid.
Add the onion and celery to the casserole and fry for a few minutes, then add the garlic, carrots and squash and fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, stock and sugar. Give it all a good stir then cover and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and stir in the green beans. Return to the oven, uncovered, and cook for a further 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened; add the lamb for the final 10 minutes to warm through. Serve with the mashed potato.