- 400 g lamb mince
- Zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 0.5 tsp crushed chillies
- 1 clove clove garlic, finely chopped
- 100 g low fat Greek salad cheese, crumbled
- 14 g packet mint leaves, washed, picked and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cucumber, washed and sliced
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, ground using a pestle mortar
- 1 tsp mustard seeds, ground using a pestle mortar
- 110 g caster sugar
- 110 ml white wine vinegar
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 2 tbsp bbq sauce
Put the lamb mince, lemon zest, ground cumin, chilli, garlic, cheese and mint in a large bowl, and mix together with your hands until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Shape the mixture into 4 burgers, brush all over with 1 tablespoon of the oil, and cook in a large non-stick frying pan or griddle pan for 5-6 minutes on each side. Set aside on a plate to rest.
Prepare the pickled cucumber. In a pan over a medium heat cook the cucumber, for 1 minute. Add the ground coriander and mustard seeds, sugar and vinegar along with 15ml boiling water and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, until softened. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly before serving with the burgers.
Brush the ciabatta halves with the remaining oil and griddle cut-side down for 1 minute, until golden. Top with a burger and serve with the pickled cucumber and a little of the sauce.