- 4 chicken breast fillet portions
- 45 g spicy jerk paste
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into wide strips
- 0.5 red pepper, deseeded and cut into wide strips
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 3 tbsp sweetcorn relish
- 198 g tinned sweetcorn in water, drained
- 1 red chilli, washed, deseeded and chopped
- 4 bread rolls, halved
- 1/4 round lettuce, leaves separated, washed and torn, to serve
- 180 g Be Good to Yourself coleslaw, to serve
Put the chicken between two sheets of cling film and press with the heel of your hand to flatten slightly. Brush the jerk paste all over the chicken. Chill in the fridge until you are ready to grill.
Meanwhile, put the slices of pepper in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of the oil and the dried mixed herbs. Season with freshly ground black pepper and mix until well combined. Set aside.
Preheat a barbecue or grill to hot. Put the chicken on the barbecue or in a griddle pan and cook for 10 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked through with no pink remaining. After the chicken has been cooking for about 3 minutes, add the peppers to the grill and cook alongside the chicken for the remaining 7 minutes, turning once.
Meanwhile, mix together the relish, drained sweetcorn and chilli. Set aside.
Just before the chicken and peppers are cooked, brush the cut side of the rolls with the remaining oil and lightly grill cut-side down until golden.
To serve, put the chicken, peppers, relish and coleslaw out on plates or platters and let everyone build their own burgers.
Veggie tip: replace the chicken breast fillets with Quorn fillets.