- 250 g basmati rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300 g pack extra-lean beef escalope, sliced
- 400 g carrots, peeled and cut into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 120 g pouch hoisin and garlic stir-fry sauce
- 100 g bunch spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 100 g baby leaf spinach
- 15 g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Put the rice in a large saucepan and cover with double the amount of cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large wok or frying pan, heat the oil and add the chilli and garlic. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add the beef and carrots. Toss together and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes before adding in the stir-fry sauce. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes, tossing occasionally, then stir in half the spring onions.
To serve, fluff up the grains of rice with a fork, and stir through the remaining spring onions and the spinach and coriander. Divide among bowls and top with the beef stir-fry.