- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 300 g chicken thigh fillets
- 390 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 150 g mozzarella, drained and sliced
- 250 g easy cook rice
- 400 g frozen very fine whole green beans
- 9 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked, washed and chopped
Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Heat the oil in a large pan. Gently fry the garlic and onion with the peppers for 2-3 minutes to soften. Add the chicken to the pan and fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden all over. Transfer to a 1.5 litre baking dish.
In a small bowl, mix together the chopped tomatoes, mixed herbs and tomato purée until combined, then pour over the chicken. Scatter the mozzarella over the top and bake for 25 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Meanwhile, cook the rice to pack instructions, and cook the beans in a pan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes until tender. Drain.
Garnish the chicken with the parsley and serve with the rice and beans on the side.