- 4 red chillies deseeded roughly chopped ( heat level 3)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 0.5 x 28g pack flat leaf parsley with stalks
- 4 large sprigs fresh oregano, leaves picked off
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 4 tbsp light olive oil
- Small pinch salt
- Ground black pepper
Place the ingredients in a food processor and blend until very smooth. Pour into a sterilized jar. Seal and keep chilled in the fridge until ready to use.
The prepared marinade will keep for up to three days in the fridge.
It freezes well, if you’ve made it in bulk. Fill an ice cube tray and when solid transfer the cubes to a plastic bag. Just thaw a cube whenever you fancy Peri Peri for supper.
Recipe by Sally Mansfield