- 1 medium egg
- 500 g lean beef steak mince
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 100 ml red wine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 220 g coriander and lemon couscous
- Coriander, to serve
Beat the egg in a large bowl, then mix with the steak mince, breadcrumbs, oregano, mint, parsley, garlic and chilli powder (if you like a kick).
Form the mixture into 18-20 balls and pop them in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
Pour both tins of tomatoes into a large saucepan, then stir in the red wine and the cinnamon stick. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes to thicken.
Meanwhile, dry-fry the meatballs in a frying pan over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add to the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with the couscous and some coriander.