- 250 g basmati rice
- 100 g bunch of spring onions, washed, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 100 g tomato ketchup
- 432 g tin pineapple chunks in juice, drained, reserving 3 tbsp of the juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g extra-lean pork fillet medallions, cut into chunks
- 3 peppers (one red, one green, one yellow), deseeded and thinly sliced
- 200 g pak choi, sliced lengthways
Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the rice and cook for 20 minutes. Drain, then stir through half the sliced spring onions.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, tomato ketchup, the reserved pineapple juice and the vinegar.
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the pork and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add the peppers and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, then add the drained pineapple chunks, most of the remaining spring onions, the pak choi and the sauce. Stir-fry for 2 minutes until the pork is cooked through and the veg is piping hot.
Serve the pork with the rice, garnished with the remaining spring onions.